Monday, April 18, 2011

Getting Back On My Feet........

Last Monday, after an appointment with my rheumatologist, saw some improvement in my arthritis pain. This is because she injected me with steroids ( I don't know how much as I forgot to ask) into my buttock muscles after syringing out 2 tubes of  fluid from my swollen right knee. My CRP(C-Reactive Protein) after a blood test  is 35.5mg/L which is shows inflammation at its worst for me so far. My usual one was only between 7 to 10mg/L. No wonder I was suffering so much the past few months.

After the steroid injection and  a dose of 5mg of Mtx ( was suppose to take 10mg) I felt so good for the next 5 days and til last Saturday I had some stomach discomfort and dizziness . My blood pressure was quite low for the next 2 days with some chest dicomfort and weak pulse rate. I did not take my atenolol yesterday. Early this morning I took my weekly dose 5 mg of Mtx  after much thought  whether to take and  get better of the pain and inflammation or NOT to take because of its side effects and toxicity on my weak body. After all the CT scans and Xrays (I did go for the scans and barium xrays wh I regret later)  last month my body had not fully recovered . I fear for the harmful radiation that could do more damage to my cells.

 But  the good news is the results comes out clean and my abdominal pain miraculously disappear after some self massage and prayers. And doc diagnose it as POSSIBLY due to my gut sticking in some raw area of my abdominal wall which could happen to hysterectomy patients. He should have told me earlier and not after all the test. I assume all doctors are only human and not God, They can only conclude after all the test to get to the end result.

So I am praying and hoping the next few days and the days to come I will be back on my feet again to enjoy my life to the fullest. Maybe if God willing I can  give back my 2 cents worth of energy to sing in my Church choir which I have been missing the practise for the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment