Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Different Kind of Pain...

For the past eight weeks or so I had gone through another type of pain in addition to my usual joint pain. Towards the end of January I had a very disturbing lower abdominal pain and lower backache which was wrongly diagnosed as indigestion by my physician. Then after another week I went to a clinic and was said to have UTI or Urinary tract infection and was prescibed 4 days of anti biotics. On the 4th day before my last dose I had high fever and chill. Went back to hospital to see my physician and was admitted for intravenous antibiotics for 3 days after some blood and urine test which shows infection.

Was back home and on 4 more days of antibiotics. But the pain was still there after spending nearly 3k on my medical fees which sadly I had no insurance claim. Check with the same physician again and he did not give me any urine test but further prescibed another type of antibiotic for 6 more days. On the sixth day I had a very severe abdominal pain early in the morning and went to emergency ward to check. My physician after checking did a urine test which shows no more infection in urine and prescibed 2 more days of the same antibiotic and a single dose of Monurol 3g which I found out to be antibiotic for acute bladder inflamation.

All the while I had been thinking I had UTI only, so for the last 2 weeks I drank some Cranberrry juice to help clear what I thought to be some bateria still in my bladder. But the pain had not ceased the last 2 weeks. So yesterday I decided to see a Urologist which is also a General surgeon and to my suprise he said I seems to have umbilical hernia after checking my abdomen. But to be precise on the first step of clearing any doubt of any other diseases he wants me to have a colonscopy before dwelling on my hernia. I hope and pray this time I will get the right answer to my abdominal pain.

Today I will have to be on soft diet for breakfast and lunch and 3 pm onwards will be laxatives drink and more liquid diet to prepare for my scope tomorrow morning. I hope my molar tooth which was refilled on Monday will not give me further pain.

Last night I did not sleep well due to my abdominal pain but luckily my joints were doing well except for some stiffness and I need not worry too much on housework as my maid had flew back 2 days ago.

The only thing on my mind now is the discomfort I had to go through the coming days. Maybe a CT scan and a surgery is needed if I really had hernia. Anyway I am looking forward to the end of this different kind of pain which is so disturbing and mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment